GRRH is dedicated to the welfare of the Goldens we rescue. Our greatest reward is to see the dogs we rescue placed in a new home where they will be safe, happy, and loved forever. We want our applicants to know that the dogs we rescue come from a variety of backgrounds. Some have been well cared for by their previous owner, others may come from an environment of neglect or abuse, and some whose background we know little about. We do our best to get to know the dogs while they are cared for in foster homes but there could be behaviors and characteristics (good and bad) that surface only after the dog has been living with his/her new forever family. In our experience, most dogs will need some basic training. A patient and loving owner can make all the difference in bringing out the loyal and loving nature of a Golden.
- To be considered as an adoptive home, you must meet the Adoption Requirements.
- The adoption fee is $600.00 for pups under one (1) year old, $500.00 for dogs one (1) year to ten (10) years old, and $300.00 for dogs ten (10) years and older. The adoption fees partially cover the expenses incurred for dogs in our care including veterinary examinations, spay/neuter, and heartworm prevention.
- GRRH dogs are placed only with approved adopters.
- We do not place dogs on a first come, first serve basis. Placements are made based on which adopter is the best match for the dog.
- We reserve the right to refuse approval of any applicant.
- Submission of your application does not guarantee the adoption of a Golden from GRRH nor does it guarantee the adoption of a specific dog you may have seen on our Website or Facebook page.
- GRRH will not adopt to families with children under five (5) years of age.
- Adoptions to applicants living in an apartment, condo or house without a fenced yard are made on a case-by-case basis.
- An approved adoption application is valid for one (1) year.